Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Attorney Tommy Cryer on Income Tax v. Fair Tax

I think that before anyone agrees to support or promote the Michigan FairTax or Federal FairTax, they should take the time to;

1. Read each bill for themselves.

2. Educate themselves by doing like those of us who oppose the FairTax did. Read the IRS code. Oh, it's to boring! Oh, who has time to do that? Oh, then in my estimation, you aren't qualified to make a decision on taxes period and should not even be allowed to vote on the issue.

This video is for educational purposes only. Attorney, Tom Cryer, won a unanimous NOT GUILTY verdict in federal district court defeating the IRS's claim that Tom "willfully" failed to file federal income tax returns. Tom refused to file tax returns because the IRS could not show him any law making him liable for 'filing' a tax return.





6 comments:

Eric said...

For anyone's information who reads this blog: NO ONE has EVER read the entire IRS Code in its current form. It's over 65,000 pages long.

If anyone has read an significant portion, though, it would open his or her eyes to why consumption taxes are better for the economy and the individual.

Rose said...

When government's gross income is only 1/3rd tax oncome, all a standardize one shot takes all "fair tax" does is standardizes the theft and in fact increases it while the people stay oblivious to the 2/3rds non-tax income of which will expand also out of view.

In complete view the whole picture would leave the people with 10% of their income. The other 90% would be syphoned off into government's (Local and Federal) gross income generated broken down as follows: 1/3 rd tax; 1/4 enterprise; the rest domestic and "International" investment

Walter - www.CAFR1.com

Daar said...

To include "v Fair Tax" in the title of these videos is a bait and switch. The plan isn't mentioned, except in passing, by the interviewer, Geo. Noory (at 7:31, part 1). The issue examined is getting rid of the IRS.

Misleading, Rose.

Eric said...

Good point, Daar!

Daar said...

Rose, Having acknowledged that your title to this post was misleading by including "v. Fair Tax" (albeit, reposting my above comment under your more recent posting by Tommy Crier on topic, "OpEd: There are two major problems with the proposed 'Fair Tax'), you've not only not corrected the title of this posting, but have maintained it under your FAIR TAX DEBATE in the left navigation column.

These video postings take issue with the income tax, per se, not the FairTax.

Please correct this.

Rose said...

Daar,

you really need to get a life. I did correct it, your problem is that you don't want people to know that Tom Cryer, an attorney was acquitted by a JURY of his piers for "Willful Failure To File" and why he was ACQUITTED.

You keep telling people that the Fair Tax will get rid of the IRS which isn't true.

People need to know what YOU are asking them to do by supporting this Fair Tax. It is only an exchange from one taxing method to another.

They need to first know what the Income Tax is and Who it applies to before they decide if they want to accept what you are trying so hard to sell them.